[Linux] "Back In Time" requests for translation (current completeness: 67%)

c.buhtz@::1 c.buhtz@::1
Lun 18 Sep 14:17:43 CEST 2023

Hello together,

I'm member of the upstream maintenance team of "Back In Time" [1] a
rsync-based backup software, available in Debian repository as
"backintime" and "backintime-qt".

I would like to request French native speaker to contribute to translate
the GUI of that application. Currently the translation into French is
67% complete.

We don't have much text. There is just a little more then 300 short
strings that need to get translated into Greek (and some other several
languages). It would be great if you could help that project and offer
or review some translations on our Weblate platform [2].

No one gets payed. No company behind hit. Even the maintainers and
developers are volunteers.

Please let us know if you would like to be named as translator in the
credits (e.g. about dialog) of the software.

Thanks a lot
Christian Buhtz

[1] -- <https://github.com/bit-team/backintime>
[2] -- <https://translate.codeberg.org/projects/backintime/common/fr/>